Tuesday, March 12, 2013

0
Early Review: The Rules

The Rules
Author: Stacey Kade
Page Count: 416
Release Date: April 23, 2013
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Series: Project Paper Dolls #1
Genres: YA, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance
Source: Won ARC from Icey Books.
 
The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1)
Read summary on Goodreads, here.

I was immediately sucked into the story and it had me guessing what was going to happen next. This was the first novel by Stacey Kade that I've read and I have to say, if her other series is this good, I'll be reading it too.

I loved the way the book was written and the storyline. The story is told through two different POV's but the transition from one to the other is smooth and nothing is lost, it basically picks up were the other left off. I'll admit I was a little worried at one point that it was going more into the typical teenage high school drama. The best friend getting picked on by the popular girl. People trying to fit in with someone else just because of their status. But thankfully it didn't stay on that subject and after thinking about it for awhile, it was kind of necessary to see what Ariane has to deal with at high school.

I really think Stacey Kade did a great job with the character development. Since the book hasn't been released yet I won't go into to much detail about the characters. I thought Ariane was a great lead female character. She may seem quiet and shy but when push came to shove, she wasn't about to back down; she stood up for those she cared about. Zane was also a great lead character. He is definitely one of my favorite male characters. He's so nice, despite all the bad things he has to put up with. There was some romance in the book that got a little steamy in some places

The ending wasn't the biggest cliffhanger ever but it definitely left me wondering what was going to happen next and since the book hasn't been released yet I'll have to wait a while to find out.

I really like the cover. I think it gives the reader a good idea of what Ariane might look like and it matches her description in the book very well and I love the different colored eyes.

Rating 5/5

Review also posted to Goodreads.


0 comments:

Post a Comment