Tuesday, May 7, 2013

0
Movie Review: The Croods

The Croods
Director: Kirk De Micco & Chris Sanders
Length: 98 min.
Release Date: March 22, 2013
Rating: PG (For some scary action)
Actors: Nicholas Cage (Grug), Emma Stone (Eep), Ryan Reynolds (Guy)
Genres: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family
Source: Theater
 
 
The Croods are a family of cavemen just trying to survive. Grug, the father, is convinced that the only way to do that is to stay in their cave and not go looking for anything new and different because anything different means death. His daughter, Eep, is getting curious about what else is out there, beyond their little family cave. One night Eep leaves the safety of their cave and meets a guy named...Guy. He tells her the world is ending and they need to get to higher ground. So Eep, Guy, and her reluctant family set out to find safety.

I usually don't go to theaters and watch movies but when my family asked if I wanted to see 'The Croods' I wasn't about to say no. I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first but I really enjoyed everything about this movie, from beginning to end. The actors delivered a great performance for their characters and the colors and animation were amazing and did not disappoint me. I also loved all the strange yet surprisingly cute animals. It was interesting that throughout their journey they "invent" shoes, umbrellas, and the snapshot, just to name a few.

I liked all of the characters. Each one had a different personality, whether it was wild and crazy or goofy. Grug seems set  in his ways but I was happy with the way his character developed, at one point his selfless sacrifice had me close to tears. Some of Eep's interactions with Guy was so funny, at times she didn't say anything to him, she just sat there staring at him with a goofy look on her face. The tail on Gran's outfit was a little strange, it's like she skinned a lizard and decided the hide would make a great dress but I liked her, she liked to give Grug a hard time.

Although the ending was slightly predictable, I still loved it. I would say this movie is for anyone who wants to see a great animated movie that's not directed at just children. I fully intend on buying this movie when it's released on DVD.

Rating: 5/5
 



 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment